In the movie North Dallas Forty, a professional athlete laments to his coach, Every time I call it a business, you call it a game. Every time I call it a game, you call it a business. Millions of NFL fans watch pro football annually, and the sport grosses billions of dollars each year. Whether you call football a business or a game, money influences how decisions are made. Brian Billick, one of professional football’s most gifted coaches and now a FOX Sports analyst, shares:
- An assessment of the current dynamics in the NFL;
- His insights into the future of professional sports amid high-profile business and entertainment pressures;
- What it is it like to be a critical decision maker in one of the biggest fishbowls.
We live in a society in which individual achievement is the predominant measure of success. As children in school, we are graded individually. At work, our performance is evaluated individually. But in order for organizations to successfully compete, employees must work seamlessly as a team. So, how do employees of an I culture let go of an inherent self-interest that permeates the business culture? Perhaps lessons can be drawn from professional sports, where effective teamwork is the only way to win. After coaching collegiate and professional football teams for more than 30 years, Brian Billick is a master at building winning teams. He shares:
- How to merge a group of individual contractors into a functioning team;
- His method for ensuring that a team strives toward a common goal;
- Ways to emphasize the primacy of that goal;
- How to create a “we” environment with a vision that ultimately leads to success.
Can successful leadership be learned? Legendary professional football coach Brian Billick thinks so. He knows that leadership isn’t some abstract concept, but something that can be learned and understood. In this presentation, based on his book of the same name, Billick shares key principles of effective leadership that can be applied to any competitive situation, showing audiences how to overcome adversity and succeed. In a powerful and engaging presentation, he discusses:
- The value of creative thinking;
- How to create your own opportunities;
- How to inspire confidence in yourself and others.