Stress is not a psychology problem, it’s a chemistry problem. In order to maximize our intellect and potential, we first have to optimize our chemistry. And we don’t have to be ace chemists to do it! This paradigm-shifting session unveils that it’s not about “managing” or “reducing stress” (which isn’t possible) rather how to be more resilient to the stress we all face. And we can do it 60 seconds at a time.
• Learn the physiology and neurochemistry of stress as a physical event…in a fun (yes fun!) and easily understandable way.
• The hormones of stress: the good, the bad and the ugly.
• Your brain on stress: you are literally losing your mind.
• Realize how stress negatively affects the body, brain, cognitive performance, focus, communication, decision making, as well as what can be done to improve cognition.
• What is resiliency and how do you build it?
• Introduction to the Micro Strategies of resiliency, confidence, and performance.
Employee stress and burnout are two of the top issues organizations and people are facing today. This session takes a physiological and chemical approach to how to truly optimize the human operating system for sustained high performance that does not come at a cost to people’s health, sanity or engagement.
• Stress is the stimulus for growth, but only when it’s followed by recovery.
• Understand how to expand your capacity in a healthy, sustainable way.
• Understand what qualifies as “high quality” recovery, and how to get it physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
• Learn how to balance the demands you have on your energy with a renewable supply.
• Create a plan for expanding capacity and getting recovery physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.
Getting clear on purpose is essential for resilience. Research shows that people who lack purpose in life have a higher incidence of depression and anxiety and that they’re less resilient to traumatic events. Insight and deep knowledge of beliefs is also essential for performance in business and life. Many employees are struggling with focus, productivity, and prioritization. Certainty of beliefs immediately creates a sense of clarity, direction and accountability necessary for making important decisions – and taking appropriate action – in stressful times.
• Understand the connection between purpose, chemistry, resiliency & engagement.
• Establish clarity on how you define success professionally & personally.
• The answer to the ONE question that guarantees clarity, direction, commitment, prioritization and accountability both inside and outside of work.
• Learn about neuroplasticity of the brain, storytelling, and how to strengthen stories that work as well as get rid of stories that prevent engagement, action, and accountability.
Exercise is the #1 way to rid your body of the stress hormone cortisol and build resilience. It’s also one of the most effective ways to boost energy and improve your sleep. Instead of having to add exercise to your “to-do” list – and your stress levels – you’ll learn how to improve your resiliency and fitness in short, doable, effective “Micro Bursts” – that you can do anytime, anywhere, with no equipment.
• Build your physiological resiliency: learn how to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently, as well as to raise your threshold for it.
• Manage your internal pharmacy for stress and learn how to access it.
• Gain knowledge to self-restore the chemistry of your brain, body, and mindset in less than 60 seconds.
• Get ideas on how to improve your resiliency for future stressors.
• Gain ways to increase your energy capacity to deal with the multitude of demands you are faced with on a daily basis.
• Get Play It Out: how to use the stress response to your advantage.
• As a side-effect to being more resilient, you’ll also improve your fitness, health, energy, and sleep.
We all have to eat every day, and our choices are often affecting our chemistry and levels of stress without us knowing it. In turn, our chemistry and levels of stress affect the food choices we make. It’s a cycle of stress many people are on. This new and different perspective on nutrition helps participants understand how to eat in a way that optimizes their chemistry, energy, cognitive performance, focus and health…and that it’s easy and convenient to do. They’ll walk away excited and empowered with a new set of tools for feeling better both psychologically as well as physiologically.
• Learn the physiological connection between nutrition and the big five: stress, cognitive function, mood, decision making, and appetite.
• Uncover how you may be putting stress into your mouth multiple times a day.
• Understand the ways that chemical and biological feedback loops can have serious negative consequences on your focus, concentration, productivity, energy, sleep, health, and weight … and how to break them.
• Discover how to eat in a way that minimizes stress on the body as well as increases your levels of productivity, performance, energy and health.
• Realize how environment shapes your food choices and how to use this to your advantage.
• Grasp why willpower doesn’t work when it comes to nutrition, and what to use instead.
Quality sleep is the foundation for resiliency, performance, and health, yet more than half of us struggle with it on a nightly basis. When we’re stressed it’s even harder: it creates a vicious cycle of being stressed about not being able to sleep, which makes it even more difficult. Participants will learn how to create the right chemistry and environment for high-quality, restorative sleep.
• Understand how sleep issues are not just a nuisance, but also negatively affect the chemistry and physiology of your brain and body.
• Discover the connection between quality sleep and learning, memory, mood, energy, hormones, health, and longevity.
• Learn sleep hygiene strategies that will improve the quality of your sleep and leave you feeling more resilient, engaged, positive, and focused
Why is behavior change so darn hard??? The intellectual part of our brain understands the importance of change, innovation, flexibility, and being adaptable, but there’s often a huge gap between KNOWING and DOING. This session eliminates those gaps completely! Participants will learn how the brain responds to change, why willpower rarely works, and how to make lasting change once and for all. They’ll learn fool-proof strategies for implementing what they’re learning in order to make real, long-lasting change.
• Understand how and why change creates stress, changes our chemistry, and makes behavior change almost impossible.
• Learn why willpower is not a reliable tool for making change.
• Realize how environment affects our choices and behavior.
• Master how to make change “so easy a caveman could do it”.
• Explore how to create microclimates conducive to change in all areas of your life: Optimal Defaults.
• Receive over 100 tools for successfully implementing change and the secret to making these changes permanent.
Body chemistry is at the heart of our behavior, which includes our level of confidence. In order to become more confident, you have to change your chemistry and Jenny will show you how to become your own Confidence Chemist! You’ll understand the 5 chemicals of confidence as well as how/when to increase or decrease them to bulletproof your mindset, mood and confidence.
• Discover the connection between your chemistry and your level of confidence and presence.
• Understand the 5 Chemicals of Confidence: Serotonin, GABA, Dopamine, Endorphins, and Cortisol.
• Recognize the symptoms of chemistry that don’t support confidence.
• Know how and when to increase/decrease these chemicals to optimize your mindset, emotions, and leadership abilities.
• Learn 3 strategies to create the ideal chemical recipe for feeling confident, grounded, focused, and in control.
Companies want growth and profit. In order to keep up with the speed of business, they need engaged employees who can pivot quickly, innovate, take calculated risk and embrace change.
Employees want a culture of growth, meaning and balance. They have a deep desire to continue to develop their talents and skills, use them in a way that feels purposeful and not have to make sacrifices in their personal lives for professional success.
Unfortunately, many businesses and employees are not achieving their goals.
Using thought provoking and inspiring content – NOT TO MENTION A SURPRISING AND UNEXPECTED AERIAL PERFORMANCE – Unstuck will demand your attention, yank you out of your rut and your seat.
Audiences will learn how to foster a mindset of growth and continuous improvement along with a strong sense of purpose to break free from “business as usual”. This creates a culture that:
- Both welcomes and initiates change
- Is creative, responsive and ready to take action
- Has direction and clarity in a complex world
- Possesses the courage to take calculated risk
- Embraces improvement and development
- Is engaged in their work and their personal lives with a deep sense of fulfillment and happiness
As a business, you can’t afford to keep doing things the way you’ve always done them. You can’t keep thinking the way you’ve always thought. Unstuck will teach your people how to think differently, act with purpose and work and live boldly.
If the Harvard School of Business and Cirque du Soleil had a baby, this would be it – an experience your people will not forget!
In addition to the demands of your job continuing to increase every year and your personal life becoming more complex, you are likely trapped behind a desk, eating less healthfully than you would like, and don’t have time for exercise or taking care of yourself. In an attempt to cope, you may be skipping your workouts and sacrificing sleep. You might be turning to food, alcohol, caffeine and nicotine to cope. Unfortunately, all of these things are adding to the stress in your life, not reducing it.
Stress “reduction” or “management” isn’t realistic. Your job is never going to ask less of you, nor are your loved ones. This means your only option is to build your resiliency to stress. As part of the rEvolution you will learn there are positive aspects to the stress response and how to use them to your advantage. You will put into practice simple, pragmatic training techniques that will help your body and brain to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently, as well as raise your threshold for it.
You will understand how your environment consciously as well as unconsciously affects your behavior in significant ways, and how to create a microclimate conducive to change – small tweaks at work and home that literally make change a no-brainer. You will also understand how the brain responds to stress and change and how to implement a successful training plan that will work for the long term.
You will be able to realize your full potential and perform your absolute best — professionally and personally — in the face of stress. If these benefits aren’t enough, your health will improve, you will have more energy, you will sleep better and you can lose weight.
- Understand the stress response, how it affects your brain and body, and how you can better utilize your biological functioning to improve your resiliency, performance and health
- Boost your threshold for stress
- Train your body and brain to recover from stress more quickly and efficiently
- Learn how to strategically use short bursts of movement to Play It Out and mitigate the negative side effects of stress
- Understand common eating patterns and behaviors that add more stress to the body and ways to eat that will support sustainable performance and health
- Design and implement microclimates full of optimal defaults that make positive behavior change automatic
- Find out why willpower doesn’t work when it comes to making long lasting behavior change and what to do instead
In the workplace, confidence matters as much as ability—the higher the confidence, the higher the performance. Confidence is the foundation for becoming a strong leader, pursuing challenge, taking risk and putting one’s self in positions to learn and grow. Lack of confidence drives risk aversion and makes employees less willing to pursue challenges. Businesses lose out on innovation, productivity and strong leadership, while individuals miss out on opportunity, career advancement and personal development.
Lack of confidence not only holds women back, it holds companies back. According to one of the most comprehensive business case studies ever conducted, companies that perform best financially have the greatest numbers of women in leadership roles.[i] Yet statistics suggest that lack of confidence is holding women back from leadership opportunities. While more than 50 percent of women hold college degrees[ii] and close to 40 percent have MBAs[iii], they comprise less than 5 percent of Fortune 500 CEO positions[iv] and only about 15 percent of senior executive positions.[v] Improved confidence allows women to step into and excel in these roles.
While there is no shortage of information around The Confidence Gap in the workplace, there is shockingly little on what to DO about it. That is why this program is essential.
Building confidence in one aspect of our lives transfers to all of them. Training in the following areas creates confidence and competence that can be applied to one’s professional life.
- Confidence is influenced by how well we know our values and purpose. When we lack clarity, we typically lack confidence as well. It is difficult to feel confident in our abilities when we are uncertain about why and how we make decisions. But once we truly understand ourselves, then our decisions will naturally align with our ideals. We will grow in confidence as we learn to trust our internal locus rather than be swayed by external forces.
- Confidence is shaped by what we consume. What we watch, listen to and read can make us feel either positive and empowered or inadequate and insecure. Unfortunately, much of the information we “eat” is junk, filling us with empty “calories” and making us weak. In order to nurture confidence, we must nurture our minds with nourishing input.
- Confidence is affected by recovery. Our days are filled with incessant obligations and habitual time wasters. How can we feel confident when it seems we are not doing enough or not doing it well enough? Recovery means granting ourselves permission to refuel and recharge. Only then will there be time and space for confidence to grow.
- Confidence is linked to our physical being. In particular, we can use movement in strategic ways to connect and change. Our movement needs vary from day to day and person to person. Gentle forms of movement help us center and connect to the inner power within us. More challenging types of movement allow us to build grit and tenacity—if it doesn’t challenge us, it doesn’t change us.
Confidence comes from taking action. This interactive and engaging program teaches women how to develop daily practices that embolden confidence and competence in the workplace and beyond, thus helping companies to have their female employees unleash their untapped potential. Rich with discussion and inner reflection, this course utilizes the wisdom and experiences of the entire group. Attendees leave with personalized plans for taking action in the interrelated areas of inner reflection, thoughtful consumption, strategic movement and regular recovery.
Many women have three overlapping workdays: The first day is scheduled work time consisting of meetings, servicing clients and customers, managing communication and connecting with colleagues around the globe. The second workday is made up of the one before, after and in-between – getting up early to get a jump on emails, staying late to get the work done there wasn’t time for between meetings, and multitasking during the day in an effort to be as productive as possible. The third workday begins when you leave the office. Dinner needs to be picked up on the way home, if you have kids, they need to get to practice, laundry has to be done and the house must be picked up. After everyone goes to bed, there is an opportunity to get more work done. No wonder you are often stressed and exhausted by the end of the day!
Well on Heels provides strategies for making yourself a priority that are realistic and doable – not more stressors on your to-do list! In fact, you will leave with a customized action plan that requires very little energy, self-discipline or willpower to accomplish. You will not only improve your health, energy, sleep, productivity, confidence and body fat, you will also become more resilient to stress.
Not a lot of time for exercise? No worries – you will get a tool that gives you a great cardiovascular and resistance workout with no equipment. It is two workouts in one you don’t have to go to the gym to get and you can do it anywhere.
Do you struggle with making the right nutrition choices – especially when you are stressed? You will learn what, when and how much to eat to become more healthy and resilient to stress, and how to do it in a way that is fast, easy and convenient.
Is sleep an issue? The strategies you acquire in this session improve the quality of your sleep, allowing you to get the precious recovery you need for your busy life.
Do you wish you had more energy? Well on Heels will increase your stamina, vitality and power. You will discover how to fuel your body and mind in a way that keep you energized all day.
Is consistency with self-care a challenge? You know what to do and how to do it, but that doesn’t make it easy. You will learn how to consistently take action on your goals despite the sheer number of commitments you are dealing with each day.
This dynamic speaking engagement combines interactive exercises and enlightening information that provide simple, effective strategies to incorporate in to your lifestyle right away. You won’t believe how fun it is to become Well on Heels!