Silicon Valley’s Jeremiah Owyang takes you beyond spotting the latest trends, disruptions, and technological advances. As an industry leader on corporate innovation in the face of emerging and disruptive technologies, he shows you how to leverage these forces to shift your business model, transform your customer’s brand experience and create in-demand product offerings.
Dynamic, consumer-centric, and relentlessly focused on the future, Jeremiah delivers powerful presentations that keep corporate change agents in the know, ahead of the curve, and ready to spot and seize opportunities.
As the founder of Catalyst Companies, an innovation council that helps brands overcome obstacles and navigate the next wave of disruption and opportunity, Jeremiah Owyang convenes and leads innovation practitioners through the challenges of the autonomous world, the collaborative economy, blockchain and the full range of emerging technologies. He is also a founder and partner at boutique research and advisory firm, Kaleido Insights. At Kaleido, he focuses on how new technologies impact business models and how corporations must innovate.
Ever at the center of corporate innovation circles, Jeremiah views every aspect of emerging technologies through the lens of growth, opportunity and constantly shifting consumer behaviors and expectations. Known for identifying trends, he specializes in advising major companies to adapt their business models to better connect with customers. Jeremiah’s client roster includes BMW, Pepsi, Cisco, Nestle, Verizon, Visa, Oracle, MasterCard, Fidelity, Wells Fargo, Colgate-Palmolive, Panasonic, Johnson & Johnson and other global corporations.
An acknowledged thought leader and widely-read publisher, Jeremiah Owyang has appeared in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today and Fast Company. Through Crowd Companies, he also publishes numerous research reports, playbooks and frameworks to help businesses navigate change, improve customer experiences and identify trends before they happen. Jeremiah also was a regular contributor to the WSJ Accelerators column and Forbes.
Prior to Crowd Companies, Jeremiah Owyang's career took shape as an analyst with Forrester Research, advising on social strategy for the interactive marketer. He was the founding partner and research director of Altimeter Group, specializing in customer strategy and emerging technologies. He formed Crowd Companies to focus on the emerging Collaborative Economy and the Maker Movement, growing with his clients to offer expertise on the full scope of disruptive technologies.
A popular speaker and presenter at conferences and events around the world, from global conferences, corporate kickoffs, or on a TED stage, Jeremiah is recognized as the definitive authority on corporate innovation programs, ready to translate the next wave of powerful technologies and transform the way you do business.
Today’s companies are trying to innovate by keeping up with the latest technology trends, while the real challenge to overcome lies in their internal culture. This leaves novice companies deploying many innovation programs with little cross-collaboration, leading to incremental innovation rather than long-lasting product, service, customer experience, or business model changes.
Jeremiah Owyang’s presentation of case studies and original survey data will show you how mature companies are overcoming these challenges and more by:
- Approaching innovation in 10 distinct ways, from internal intrapreneurship programs and Centers of Excellence, to external incubator partnerships and innovation outposts.
- Assigning key performance indicators to each innovation program to measure success and secure executive support.
- Breaking through the middle-management “permafrost” layer that is resistant to change in favor of short-term goals.
- Building nimble enough teams to innovate while still maintaining their existing revenue streams.
- Attracting quality talent and bolstering existing talent with the right innovation education.
Technologies are emerging more rapidly than ever and they’re changing customer relationships with your brand. Rather than remain reactive, leading companies are proactively examining how these new technologies affect their business model and how they must shift to survive. In an individually customized presentation, Jeremiah Owyang will identify technology trends that impact your industry and provide clear examples of the business models you’ll need to consider as you lead your company into the future.
This game-changing presentation includes:
- A research-based overview of key technology movements that impact consumer behaviors and expectations, including the Internet of Things (IoT), drone deliveries, artificial intelligence, the collaborative/sharing economy, our connected world, blockchain and more.
- Clear case examples of what leading companies are doing to address these changes, including how they’re adapting their business models.
- Recommendations around what actions companies must take to stay ahead of future market changes triggered by emerging technologies.
As drones, self-driving cars and artificial intelligence systems emerge, businesses must pivot to meet shifting customer expectations. From on-demand retail at your doorstep, to new insurance options for altered mobility experiences, Jeremiah Owyang addresses how a range of industries will be impacted by an increasingly autonomous world.
- How rapidly autonomous technologies are emerging and which industries will be affected first.
- Real-world examples of how every industry will eventually be impacted by the autonomous world, both in the near- and long-term.
- The role of workers as automation integrates into a crowd-based economy.
- How companies must adapt today to compete in this new market.
Mobile and social are converging and powering exciting new opportunities through the Collaborative Economy. From now-familiar names like AirBnb and Uber to new, emerging brands and phenomena like crowdfunding and the Maker
Movement, these new models are disrupting how consumers buy goods and services and experience brands.
How can your organization benefit by tapping into the crowd? How can you not only stay relevant, but lead the charge in your own industry? No matter what kind of business you’re in, Jeremiah Owyang prepares you for what’s next.
This informative presentation covers:
- How the Collaborative Economy has landed in hospitality, transportation, services and money—and how new industries like insurance, beauty, health, and energy will be impacted next.
- The rapid evolution of the Collaborative Economy into autonomous systems as Lyft, Uber and China’s Didi launch self-driving cars.
- Activating crowd technologies to make goods and services available on demand, reducing waste and increasing sales.
- Creating new business opportunities that also reduce capital expenditures.
- The role that workers play when automation integrates into this crowd-based economy.