Joe Calloway is a performance coach and advisor who helps great companies get even better. He helps organizations focus on what is truly important, inspires constant improvement, and motivates people to immediate action. Joe has been a business author, coach, and speaker for 30 years and his client list reads like an international Who's Who in business, ranging from companies like Coca Cola and IBM to Saks Fifth Avenue and American Express. Joe is the author of four ground-breaking business books including Becoming A Category of One: How Extraordinary Companies Transcend Commodity And Defy Comparison, which received rave reviews from The New York Times, Retailing Today, Publishers Weekly and many others. Joe's other books include: Indispensable: How To Become The Company That Your Customers Can't Live Without, Work Like You're Showing Off! The Joy, Jazz, And Kick of Being Better Tomorrow Than You Were Today, Never By Chance: Aligning People And Strategy Through Intentional Leadership and his new book Be The Best At What Matters Most: The Only Strategy You'll Ever Need.
Joe is a guest lecturer at the Scarlett Leadership Institute, and has served on the faculty of the Center for Professional Development at Belmont University. Joe is a popular speaker for business meetings and events, and he also works with clients to help them achieve specific results and improvements in exclusive 90 day advisory programs. He doesn't do traditional "speeches." Instead, Joe actively engages people in highly interactive keynotes and workshops that challenge assumptions and create new ways of thinking. Whether advising leaders, coaching, facilitating a workshop or speaking, Joe loves to work with great organizations that want to be even better.
Aligning People And Culture To Drive Results
The People Behind The Promise
Creating A Mindset of Ideas, Innovation, And Improvement
Ideas are the lifeblood of any successful organization. In a marketplace that presents new challenges and opportunities daily, a mindset of innovation, ideas, and improvement is a competitive necessity.
It’s not rocket science.It’s about the power of people making small but significant improvements every day.That’s what creates differentiation and a competitive advantage.
Minds Wide Open takeaways include:
- How to innovate with ideas from unexpected sources
- How to overcome the resistance to new ways of looking at our work
- How to focus innovation where you will get the greatest return
- How to get buy-in on ideas, innovation, and improvement from the rest of the team
- How to make things happen by letting go of personal barriers
How Extraordinary Companies Create And Sustain Success
Based on Joe’s best-selling book of the same name, Becoming A Category of One is a roll-up-your-sleeves session about the mindset that creates market leaders.
The difference between extraordinary and average is mindset. People in extraordinary companies think differently about a handful of things.
Category of One takeaways include:
- How top performers find game-changing ideas that drive results
- How to identify and tear down the barriers to relentless improvement
- How to lead your market through a focus on what the customer values most
- How to wrap quality and consistency with customer experience that locks in loyalty
- How to take decisive action on ideas that improve results and drive growth
The Only Strategy You Will Ever Need
Market leaders don’t try and do everything. They do the most important things. It’s an audacious idea in this age of gimmicks – to outperform the competition on those things that create real value for the customer. A laser focus on quality, consistency, and relentless improvement is the only strategy you’ll ever need. The reality of the marketplace is that if you win on the basics – you win. That’s where you innovate for results – to become so good at the basics that you are cutting edge.
In this interactive session based on Joe’s upcoming book, Be The Best At What Matters Most, and his classic best-seller, Becoming a Category of One, the takeaways include:
- How markets are won by those companies that outperform on the fundamentals
- How simplicity and clarity of purpose can become your force multipliers
- How becoming cutting edge on the basics creates raving fans and wins customer loyalty
- How to create relationships that become partnerships
- How the will to take action can become your most powerful differentiator