No one is immune to fear. Yet in-the-midst of uncertain times, only those who have learned to rise above it and lead with courage can unlock the potential in themselves and others and seize the opportunity adversity always holds.
- Engage teams around a big Why that fosters shared purpose, unlocks ingenuity, and dismantles change resistance.
- Identify blind spots and reframe risk to make better decisions.
- Harness ‘emotional contagion’ to build psychological safety, nurture diversity & expand collective change-agility.
- Create resilience rituals that expand bandwidth and behavioral agility to thrive under pressure.
Drawing on the pioneering work of Daniel Goleman (author of Emotional Intelligence) and the latest neuro-science into the brain, this program will provide attendees with a more thorough understanding of Emotional Intelligence, strategies for enhancing their own E.Q., and the skills to assess and develop it in others. This presentation will:
Outline the four domains of the E.Q. Matrix, highlighting how each domain relates to emotionally intelligent leadership & employee performance
Provide necessary strategies to build personal E.Q., to manage negative emotions in oneself and others, build trust and lead more effectively
Show how to apply E.Q. to workplace challenges – responding calmly to angry customers/employees, handling conflict, navigating team dynamics and motivating others to take the initiative and reach for next level of performance
Demonstrate the five steps to S.O.A.R.2 above challenges, stay calm under pressure, and be more resilient in the face of change, crisis and everyday obstacles
Enhance emotional self-awareness and regulation, to respond to challenges in the workplace and beyond with competence and confidence
Offer opportunities for interactive partner exercises to focus on current issues/challenges that are creating ?emotional burn.’
Target Audience: While this program is beneficial for people at all organizational levels, it is of particular value to managers and others in positions of leadership.
Everyone experiences self-doubt yet successful people have mastered their inner dialogue, and don’t let their doubts call the shots. Drawing on the research from her best-selling book, You’ve Got This! The Life-Changing Power of Trusting Yourself Margie will give you proven strategies to
- Defy the doubts that are holding your potential and future hostage.
- Build self-confidence in the aftermath of setbacks, enabling you to ‘fail forward’ and succeed faster.
- Beat imposter syndrome and quiet your inner critic.
- Play from your strengths.
- Harness the power of language to harness fear, reframe stress and thrive under pressure.
- Apply the psychology of confidence and ‘train the brave’ on a whole new level.
Harnessing the human capital in your organization has never been more critical. Yet, its greatest threat is the fear that stifles ingenuity and drives capable, creative people to play it safe and make short-sighted decisions. Embedding the value of courage in your organization’s culture leads to competitive edge, greater agility, and stronger outcomes. Drawing on the latest research and fresh insights, Margie will equip your leaders with practical strategies to:
- Nurture psychological safety to unleash disruptive thinking & fail forward, faster.
- Create unconscious inclusion that harnesses the full value of diversity.
- Foster ‘loyal dissent’ to upgrade outdated paradigms that stifle innovation.
- Activate the ‘rally effect’ toward a shared mission critical.
- Unlearn to relearn, embracing a ‘risk ready’ mindset.
- Counter the unconscious forces that sabotage change and undermine crucial conversations and quality decision-making.
Despite the compelling case for seating more women at decision-making tables, too few are. Empowering women to embrace their feminine strengths and own their power as change-agents is a vital lever for gender equity. Drawing on her PhD research into the interplay of gender, power and leadership coupled with decades of emboldening women globally, Margie will share her personal stories as a ball-dropping working mother of four while sharing practical strategies to:
- Conquer the imposter syndrome and close the confidence gap.
- Find your authentic voice to speak with authority & impact.
- Counter ‘think male, think manager’ bias & ‘backlash effect’.
- Get the right career champions in your corner.
- Lower the ‘perfection’ high bar & get off your own back.
- Expand your capacity to thrive under pressure.
- Lift as you climb, amplifying the voice of other women.