Seth Mattison is an internationally renowned expert on workforce trends and generational dynamics. As Founder and Chief Movement Officer of FutureSight Labs, Mattison advises many of the world’s leading brand and organizations on the key shifts happening around talent management, change and innovation, leadership and the future of work.
Recently named to the Editors’ Picks for Favorite Speakers for 2013 by MeetingsNet, Mattison’s presentations bring an entirely unexpected perspective on the future of work, talent, innovation and the power of relationships. With a passion for helping to create greater understanding and collaboration in today’s workplace, Mattison offers participants actionable content that can immediately impact business performance.
With his finger on the pulse of today’s changing workforce, Mattison blends storytelling from his own personal experience working with category leading brands while leveraging cutting edge research to develop fresh perspectives on the key strategic issues most relevant for today’s leaders.
Over the past 5 years, Mattison has shared his insight with thousands of business leaders around the world and has received accolades from many of the world’s best brands including: MasterCard, Johnson and Johnson, Microsoft, Kraft Foods, AT&T, PepsiCo, GE Energy, Prudential Real Estate, Cisco, State Farm, Merrill Lynch, Dow, Disney and Deloitte.
For future focused organizations to succeed in the age of the networks and digital transformation, a bold approach to leadership is needed. An approach where freedom, agility, trust, and experimentation are not only embraced but encouraged.
Unfortunately while our advancement in technology has equipped us to navigate the disruptive waters of change, our leadership ethos has not. Today, many of our organizations unconsciously operate from an industrial age leadership mindset that undervalues unconventional thinking, discourages full transparency, deters initiative, frustrates experimentation, and allows people to play small all despite our best efforts. Why are we stuck? What’s blocking our ability to shift mindsets and embrace the future of leadership and ultimately ignite the workforce of the future?
Seth will provide a road map for anticipating the strategic challenges that demand fundamentally new thinking. Inspire leaders to break free from obsolete mental models that limit growth and transformation. And help leaders build tomorrow’s best practices today to compete and win in the new networked world of work.
- Deep insights into the skills, competencies, and mindsets that will define a “Connected Age” leader in the age of the networks.
- An understanding of the new drivers of “Employee Experience”.
- A clear set of guideposts for conducting high-value, low-risk experiments to foster of culture of flexibility, courage, and innovation.
- Best-in-class examples of organization successfully navigating the forces impacting the future of work.
We are entering the greatest period of global transformation the world has ever known. The boundaries between office and work, customer and supplier, leader and follower, and the experiences created for both customers and employees are morphing due to rapidly evolving digital technologies.
However digital transformation is more than just digital; DT is about remodeling businesses to be agile, innovative, and customer and employee-centric at their core, requiring a new set of skills and competencies of organizational stewards to effectively impact business trajectory.
In Future Forces Seth will demystify what Digital Transformation is and unpack the most pressing challenges facing organizations on their path toward a more agile, innovative, and digitally competitive state.
- Deep insights into the fundamental organizational elements impacting the Digital Transformation journey
- Unique perspectives on the human element shaping outcomes and driving successful transformation.
- A new framework to see beyond the fades and more clearly understand the trends certain to impact the business landscape over the coming decade.
- Practical and actionable transformation tips and techniques that can immediately impact business today.
In today’s super-wired, highly digital society, humans still crave and are in many cases, starved for, meaningful connection, social interaction, and authentic relationships. In business, creating strong relationships is the key to growth and achieving success, both individually and as an organization.
What’s the secret for cultivating deep meaningful connections and successful relationships, particularly in business? How do we use our new digital tools of connection without being used by them? How do we leverage social technology to amplify our influence and reach while not losing the magic of the human element?
These questions and more will be explored by Seth while providing inspiration, insight, and practical application for building better, stronger, more authentic relationships in the new world of work.
- Insights on the roadblocks preventing us from forming meaning relationships in the digital age.
- New perspectives on the power of intention, empathy, authenticity, and vulnerability to foster lasting bonds.
- Strategies for leveraging digital tools effectively to amplify influence.
- A Guide with practical, actionable steps to nurturing and growing lasting relationships across both the physical and digital world.
A power shift has occurred in the world of customers and clients today. No longer do institutions and authority figures hold the keys. Today power, information, and influence are shared between customers and sales professionals creating new challenges and opportunities for entire industries. How will you respond to this dramatic evolution?
In The Sales Revolution, Seth Mattison will dissect how world class firms, leaders, and sales producers are meeting the elevated expectations of more sophisticated and demanding customers by demonstrating an entirely new set of relationship competencies, intelligence gathering skills, and digital savvy required to compete and win business in this new complex and competitive environment
- Deep insights into the evolution of customer buyer behavior.
- Unique perspectives on the shift in seller skills and competencies required to compete and win in today’s digital charged marketplace
- A new framework for building high-trust, high-value partnerships
- Practical and actionable pre and post call planning techniques that can immediately impact seller results today.
Take a look around your organization today. There’s a good chance you’re working alongside 3 and possibly even 4 generations of talent. Going forward, the workforce is moving inexorably toward greater diversity.
This dynamic can create crippling challenges or game changing advantages for teams that learn to recognize, understand, value, and ultimately tap the strategic perspective that lies within every generation. Fresh eyes alongside seasoned wisdom will be a fierce force in the new world of work. Next Gen Talent will help you harness it.
Seth will explore the histories, personalities, strengths, and challenges of each unique generational group. And share insights and today’s biggest workforce trends.
- Counter-intuitive perspectives on today’s unique generations.
- Deep insights into behaviors and trends impacting engagement.
- Strategies to influence and persuade across the generations.
- Communication tactics positioned to resonate with every generation.
This highly customized leadership development experience was designed specifically to help leadership teams prepare to guide their organization through the incredible transformation we are going to experience on the journey to 2020.
As our workforce and customers evolve, the way we approach leadership also needs to transform. Traditional, hierarchical leadership is giving way to a more connected, collaborative and flexible approach to managing people and performance.
Is your leadership team ready to unleash human potential and deliver the 2020 performance vision?
In a half day / day dedicated to preparing your leadership team to thrive in a 2020 world, Ryan and Seth will challenge conventional leadership practices and reveal progressive techniques that pace with the evolving needs of today’s next generation knowledge worker.
- Identify data, trends, challenges, and opportunities from the quantitative research.
- Understand the shifts happening specific to employee attitude, expectations, behavior and engagement in the new wold of work.
- Identify gaps in alignment and pockets of resistance to change.
- Know the keys to leading a culture of high performance and accountability.
- Build an action plan to deliver the 2020 Performance Vision.