Listed as one of Inc’s global Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts, Steve Farber is a Leadership Pioneer, Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Bestselling Author on Extreme Leadership. His expertise is in creating organizational cultures where leadership is not just an opportunity and obligation for those in authority, but for everyone at all levels.
Steve is the President of Extreme Leadership, Inc, and the founder of The Extreme Leadership Institute, organizations devoted to the cultivation and development of Extreme Leaders around the world. His accessible, deeply inspirational, and eminently practical Radical LEAP framework is widely used across the business, non-profit and education spectrum. Farber has been credited with redefining leadership in deeply personal yet practical terms and re-energizing thousands of people to make a significant difference in their businesses, lives, and the world around them.
His third book, Greater Than Yourself, was a Wall Street Journal® and USA Today® bestseller. His second book, The Radical Edge, was hailed as “a playbook for harnessing the power of the human spirit.” And his first book, The Radical Leap, is already considered a classic in the leadership field. It received Fast Company magazine’s Readers’ Choice Award and was recently named one of the 100 Best Business Books of All Time.
Organizations hire Steve to:
• Deliver practical, inspiring and entertaining keynote speeches
• Embed the practices of Extreme Leadership in the DNA of the organization
• Provide significant on-going leadership learning and development
• Create and amplify deep employee engagement
Steve has worked with Johns Hopkins, Cisco, Intel, TriNet, Hyatt and hundreds of other organizations large and small. He has spoken to or worked with virtually every industry there is--from the tech sector to financial services, manufacturing, health care, hospitality, entertainment, public education, retail, and government.
Based on the book named as one of The 100 Best Business Books of All Time
In this chaotic and extreme age, business leaders must demonstrate an unprecedented level of passion, determination, foresight, dedication, and fearlessness. In this wildly popular speech, leadership speaker, Steve Farber, shows you how to use the LEAP framework – Love, Energy, Audacity and Proof to radically improve your organization and your life. In this energetic and insightful program, you will discover how to…
- Harness fear and use it to your advantage
- Use the power of the heart to achieve the extraordinary at work
- Inspire yourself and others to change the world you live in
- Earn your customers’ and employees’ love and loyalty
- Keep yourself and others passionately engaged in the work at hand?even in troubled or difficult times
The truly great leaders in life and work become so by causing others to be greater than themselves. In this program—based on his Wall Street Journal bestseller, Greater Than Yourself—leadership speaker, Steve Farber, shows that dedicating yourself to bringing others along so that they can achieve more than you is the ultimate way to boost talent, ramp productivity and create truly significant current and future leaders. You will be challenged to aspire to the new gold standard in leadership with a powerful, three-step method:
- Expand Yourself: you’ll discover tools to deepen and expand your personal capabilities – the raw material for true leadership.
- Give Yourself: you’ll learn the art of ‘philanthropizing’ your leadership approach – the raw material for developing capacity in others.
- Replicate Yourself: you’ll experience the power of expanding beyond your personal, one-to-one influence – the raw material for changing your organization for the better.
Whatever the challenge at your company—improving customer service, coping with change, inspiring transformation, improving corporate culture, recruiting and retaining great talent, building teamwork, fostering innovation—it all comes down to this: someone has to do something significant and enlist others to help. Someone, in other words, has to take accountability. Someone has to lead. And it doesn’t have to be the boss. Leadership, ultimately, has nothing to do with the title on your business card or your position on the organizational chart. It’s about who you are and what you do to change things for the better—regardless of your “place” in the company. In Radical Accountability, leadership speaker, Steve Farber, will show you four personal strategies for being the architect of transformation from any position or level in the company.
- Cultivate Love
- Generate Energy
- Inspire Audacity
- Provide Proof
Here’s the idea: Steve’s been in the trenches. He has over 20 years of experience working with thousands of business leaders in all kinds of industries. And much of that experience has revolved around having open, honest and powerful conversations about the nature of leadership with his clients and then helping them to apply new ideas to their specific challenges. To put it simply: there is no script when you’re dealing with your client’s current business realities.
Now, the fact is that Steve delivers a powerful and entertaining keynote speech. And he loves to do it. But the Extreme Leadership Jam Session is a departure from the leadership speaker norm, because there is no script. With the exception of a couple of principles to set the stage, there is no specific list of points to be covered. The audience will determine the course of the program. Right on the spot. And the program will develop according to the group’s most pressing leadership needs and questions.
THIS WOULD SCARE THE PANTS OFF OF MANY “PROFESSIONAL SPEAKERS.” Take away their script, and you take away their net. And many speakers either don’t like that, or, frankly, have nothing to say beyond the scripted word. Farber loves it, and so will you…if you have the nerve to give it a try.
Here’s how it works:
- Farber sets the stage and proposes a few challenging ideas to the group. He briefly defines Extreme Leadership and talks about the importance of open dialogue.
- The audience — which could be as small as 10 people or as large as several thousand — forms into small groups or clusters, has a quick discussion according to Farber’s guidelines and then generates One Important Question about leadership as it relates to their current work/life situation.
- Farber fields the questions (as many as possible giving the amount of available time and the size of the group), and, when appropriate, facilitates a discussion with the entire audience.
- And away we go! Learning about the Extreme Leadership principles that people need right now.