Theme: People reach out to people who reach out.
Purpose: To build strong working relationships (people do business with people they like.
- To create lasting, strong relationships.
- To listen.
- Important social skills that MANY employees don’t know or don’t remember. When learned & practiced, these skills build strong connections and open the gates to new friends, partners and sales.
- Why it pays and how to encourage co-workers, clients and vendors.
- To look for the good in others.
Highly interactive presentation with several fun, small-group activities. Your people will take away vital skills they can use at work and at home to build relationships that last.
Theme: Master change so change doesn’t master you
Benefit: Your group will learn to thrive amid chaotic, rapid-fire change
- Identify the challenge of change.
- Discover the three stages of fear.
- Find how to break the fear cycle.
- Learn to conquer change and thrive.
Arguably the biggest challenge facing business today is the constant bombardment of change. Corporations not only need to survive change, they need to learn to thrive in its midst. This talk tells how.
Your group will learn to deal with the basic problem of change, the fear it creates. (Change brings risk, and risk brings fear.) This presentation explains the fear cycle AND tells how to break it. Groups report immediate benefits from this entertaining, informative, highly popular talk.
Theme: Effective speakers speak the way their audience thinks.
Benefit: Your people will learn to write and deliver talks that other people will want to hear.
- The most common mistake amateur speakers make.
- How to deliver introductions that make audiences eager to listen
- Keep an audience leaning forward, anxious to hear
- The secret of getting audiences to act
A two-hour, interactive presentation on how to write a talk that sizzles. Most workshops on this topic explain how to deliver a talk (eye contact, posture, where to put your hands, etc.). This presentation covers what to say.
This workshop gets the audience involved. Participants work individually and in small groups as they learn to create talks that audiences WANT to hear!
Theme: How to improve your group’s internal and external relationships by putting others first
Benefit: To help your group build loyal customers, co-workers and friends
Learn how to build strong relationships
Hear examples from funny, touching and true workplace case studies
Discover the pay-off of making other people feel important
Featured in Entrepreneur magazine
If people aren’t pulling together, they’re falling apart. This popular, easy-to-listen-to presentation demonstrates how we can and why it helps to put customers, colleagues and friends first.
Theme: How to bounce back when you feel knocked flat
Benefit: To pep up groups that are burned out, tensed up and stressed out
Your group will learn:
- Three causes of stress
- Five major ways to zap stress
- Seven wacky ways to relieve stress that really work
This fun, interactive presentation is always a hit. Volunteers demonstrate stress-releasing activities on stage. The audience laughs – and learns – by hearing and DOING what it takes to relieve the number one health problem facing Americans today: stress. Great workshop talk, inspiring kick-off or luncheon keynote.
Theme: To get employees to work for you, you’ve got to work for them
Benefit: To create a more successful company by teaching your managers new ways to motivate employees
- Learn the three-step formula to motivate employees
- Learn how to inspire workers to WANT to give their best
- Learn to transform mere workers into enthusiastic producers
Ideal presentation for managers. One of the most popular, entertaining and practical talks on this subject. Managers will hear innovative, successful ideas that companies across the nation are currently using to motivate their people. Humorous, fun, filled with excellent, useful information!
Theme: Build Strong Relationships, Boost Self Esteem, Risk Enough to Get Ahead, Look on the Bright Side
Benefit: Motivational keynote reveals the four must-know secrets of successful people.